This is not your mama’s Super Bowl Chili. Unless your mama likes to eat 7 pounds of assorted meats. That’s right, I said SEVEN POUNDS of MEAT. This is no pansy ass chili.
This is SUPER BOWL CHILI.
(I wish I had some sort of fun sound effect for you when you read that)
Start it today in your crockpot and let it cook all day long. Serve it up to your hungry Super Bowl guests tomorrow and receive the accolades of those who have achieved chili greatness. Because seriously? This Super Bowl Chili is the BEST.EVER.
Superbowl Crockpot Chili
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil
- 2 Large Onions
- 10 cloves Garlic (That's right, I said TEN)
- 4lb Top Sirloin (Yup, TOP SIRLOIN. Cubed.)
- 2lb Sage Sausage
- 1lb Hot Sausage
- 2 cans Whole Tomatoes (1#12oz cans) (Drained)
- 2 cans Tomato Paste (6oz cans)
- 2 cans Baked Beans (1#cans)
- 2 cans Kidney Beans (15oz cans) (drained)
- 1 can Pinto Beans (15oz can) (drained)
- 6 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 3 teaspoons Cumin
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 2 teaspoons Salt
- 2 tablespoons Cocoa Powder (Weird but ESSENTIAL for good chili)
|Put the oil in a heavy pan and heat. Add the onions and garlic and sauté.|
|Add the sirloin and both sausages and cook until they are no longer pink.|
|Drain the fat from the pan, add all of the ingredients into a crockpot and cook all day long! (Super easy, right?)|
|Add the kidney and pinto beans a few hours before serving on the following day (that way they don't break down).|
I like to whip up some cornbread and serve it with cornbread and all the fixin’s… cheese, sour cream, chives, onions, or whatever else you love in your chili.