Today I’m taking a quick moment from sleep deprivation to link up with the Happy Wives Club and acknowledge why I adore that guy that sleeps next to me at night… (emphasis on sleep… at least someone is getting some.)
Why I Love My Husband
- He takes the baby every night for a few hours so I can get some sleep.
- He chases our oldest around the house and threatens to tickle him when he’s being naughty… which proves he has INFINITELY more patience than I do.
- He promised me up, down and around that I was NOT ruining everyone’s holiday when I was enormous and a million-ty months pregnant with the peanut. (I think he was lying, but it was nice of him to say.)
- For rubbing my feet one night when I had a foot cramp, a testament of love since he knows how much I HATE having my feet touched and instinctively kick people who do… (to be clear I asked him to do it.)
- For tearing up with anxiety while I went through contractions on the birth of the second kid… and for fanning me like a mad person.
- For the way he looks at our new daughter.
Dude… I gotta say. Through it all?
But don’t let it go to your head.