It’s that time again… the time when we all want to dance down the aisles of Target throwing school supplies into our cart and singing “Most Wonderful Time of the Year”…
That’s right, it’s BACK TO SCHOOL time.
More importantly though, not only is it back to school time, it’s back to school shopping time. Shopping for BTS clothes and items can be a little tedious, but there are some ways to make it WAY more fun and less of a chore.
- Inventory ahead of time – Good lord, this can take a while, but what’s the point of going shopping if you end up with 5 pairs of shorts when last year’s totally fit? Every time I turn around the Big Kid is growing like a WEED so I never quite know what’s going to work on him. Try to space it out though, because no kid is going to try on EVERY pair of jeans he has simply so you know if they fit.
- Get the Kids Involved – I know, I know, taking kids to the mall for some moms is the equivalent of torture, but if you have your lists and are organized it doesn’t have to be a meandering, tedious experience for either of you.
- Make it FUN – While you may want to dash in and out as fast as possible, it’s a trip to the MALL guys. My kids don’t get to the mall very often so sometimes it’s about taking a minute to jump in the massage chair, or hit up Snoopy for a hug. Or dude… SEE’S CANDY
- EAT – The food court at a mall is like, the most fun place for a kid to eat. So many choices! Or if you’re super lucky like us, our mall has a Whole Foods, so grabbing a bite can be both healthy AND delicious…
- There’s an APP for That – Downloading apps can be super helpful in saving money and finding out about sales and specials. With a JCPenney’s and a Target at our local mall, their apps are a fantastic way to save on your back to school shopping. Since we pretty much LIVE at Target, Cartwheel has saved me a ton of money, not just on BTS shopping but on EVERYTHING else.
Back to school shopping doesn’t have to be a chore. Follow these pointers, make it fun and get ready to go BACK TO SCHOOL!